OEP SYSTEM is an innovative investigation tool able to perform accurate measurement of the thoraco-abdominal wall absolute volume. Lung volume variations are measured non-invasively, breath by breath, with constant precision and accuracy, also over long periods of time.
High-precision in any environmental condition
OEP SYSTEM measures breathing volumes through the motion analysis of markers placed on specific reference points of the patient’s trunk.
Unlike systems based on grid projection, this innovative method provides accurate measurement for any type of patient and does not require specific lighting conditions; our technology is reliable in the dark as well as in broad daylight.
for each workstation
An irreplaceable tool
OEP SYSTEM does not require the use of mouthpieces or masks which reduce patient mobility and modify normal breathing behavior. During the test, the subject can change position and carry out physical exercise.
The test can be performed in static conditions, on newborns, ICU patients, sleeping patients or patients under anesthesia.
A breakthrough in plethysmography analysis
Thanks to its exclusive features the system is specifically designed for the analysis of:
- Patients with altered respiratory functions
- Premature infants
- Pediatric patients
- Patients who underwent thoracic surgery
- Patients on assisted mechanical ventilation
- Subjects during physical exercise
- Workstation for data acquisition, integration and analysis
- 8 infrared cameras with related supports
- Reflective hemispherical marker kit
- Management and elaboration software
Request more information