A new frontier in plethysmography for the measurement of lung ventilation distribution and the study of respiratory mechanics.
BTS OEP SYSTEM is a truly innovative investigation tool which supplies accurate measurement of the abdominal-thoracic wall total volume and of pulmonary volume changes, breath by breath, all through long periods of time, with no need of a mouthpiece and in a non-invasive way. It can be used during static tasks as well as physical exercise on the ergometer or treadmill.
It’s a unique tool for the evaluation of non cooperative patients whatever posture they might have and for long periods of time.
The technique is based on movement detection by a certain number of markers non-invasively placed on the patient’s thorax and abdomen. The markers are then analyzed by an infrared video cameras system which frames the patient and locates the markers position in space: on the basis of a geometric model BTS OEP SYSTEM measures the volume within the thoracic-abdominal wall and its variations during breathing. The system also allows the integration in one report of information collected by other diagnosis systems (flows, pressure, etc…) during plethysmography testing.
BTS OEP SYSTEM is a break through in functional evaluation of respiratory diseases leading us to new expectations in the study of practice techniques and intensive therapy (for example in the study of effects of different types of mechanic ventilation).
It is extremely useful to:
- Patients with respiratory conditions, obstructive and restrictive
- Pre-term infants
- Patients in pediatric age
- Patients who have undergone thoracic surgery
- Patients undergoing mechanically assisted ventilation
Control workstation for the acquisition and integration of kinematic data with analog signals, including all the software applications for operation and processing.
- Infrared cameras and illuminators.
- Kinematic data acquisition frequency: 60 Hz and submultiples.
- Analog data acquisition frequency up to 120 Hz.
- Hemispherical reflecting markers.
- The acquisition groups (two sets of four cameras) are provided with floor stands or wall stands.
- Surface area required by the system 2.5×3 m2.